Critical Thinking and Creative Problem-Solving (P859)
Tools to Drive Innovation and Improve Decision-Making
December 4 - 5, 2014
January 20 - 21, 2015
March 10 - 11, 2015
|$990 plus HST
Limited space is still available for the September 23-24 session. Please call Sophie at 613-234-2020 ext. 21 to check availability.
Today’s work environment is increasingly complex and ambiguous. At the same time, our managers and stakeholders are demanding we come up with more creative and innovation solutions to the problems we face. How can you find solutions and make decisions when faced with uncertainty? How do you respond to the demand for more innovative approaches in your process?
This workshop will provide you with creative processes and tools that strike the right balance between critical thinking and creative solutions.
You’ll receive your personal FourSight ™ Breakthrough Thinking Profile and discover how your thinking preferences can enhance or hinder how you and your team engage in the creative problem solving process. You’ll be introduced to attitudes and tools that will help you build more creative solutions; the distinct phases of the creative problem solving process; strategies for gaining acceptance of your ideas and when to use critical versus creative thinking. In addition, you’ll take away thinker toys from this course, and a learner guide with a bibliography of helpful references to further your learning.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
|"Excellent course! Really excellent at giving practical tools for creativity and problem solving. Not just abstract ideas."|
-Karissa Aubie, Environment Canada
"Excellent facilitator and topic can be applied at work and home."
-Noella Trimble, Environment Canada
"[Instructor] makes everyone feel important and is willing to help those who may not have been at their best."
-Rose Bédard, Workplace Safety North
"I enjoyed the course tremendously. Learned lots and had fun doing so. Well done."
-Diane Taillefer, PHAC
"Very engaging workshop. Tons of useful and practical tools and data that can be used at work and at home."
-Steven Turpin, Royal Canadian Mint
"Instructor was great, skilled and knowledgeable."
-Christina Sabetti, CFIA
"Great coures, enjoyed it very much. Excited to share with others and apply to my workplace."
-Jennifer Fijalkowska, Industry Canada
• How are you a critical thinker?
• What makes a good critical thinker?
• Critical thinking components, skills and tools
The Creative Problem Solving Mindset
• Thinking habits, styles and preferences that support creative thinking
• How praise first and phrasing challenges as questions can transform your problem solving efforts
• Personal thinking preferences and their impact on teams and collaborative work environments
The Creative Problem Solving Tool Set
• Ground rules for creative thinking and how to balance ideas with analysis • The creative problem solving process
• Tools to help you clarify the problem, generate ideas, develop and implement more creative solutions
Building your Creative Problem Solving Skill Set
• Practicing the creative problem solving mind set and tool set
At the end of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
• Engage more productively in the creative problem solving process
• Use critical thinking and creative problem solving tools to develop more creative solutions and make better decisions
• Identify personal actions for continuing the development of your critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone working in complex, ambiguous circumstances that demand creative thinking and innovative results.
Your Instructor for this training workshop is: Janice F.
Course Location: Minto Business Centre, 440 Laurier Avenue West
Does this Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
Click here to see which Core Competencies this course addresses.
September 23-24, 2014
December 4-5, 2014
January 20-21, 2015
March 10-11, 2015