• Are you sure you’re being understood?
• Are you being clear?
• What about when you disagree?
Basic Communication Principles
• Models of Communication
• Factors affecting communication
• Who says what to whom? (Sender, receiver, message and response)
• Preparing your Message to be sent
• ‘The Medium is the Message’ - Which do you choose?
• Communicating In Person
• Communicating over the Phone
• Communicating via e-mail
HRDQ: What's my Communicating Style?
• Barriers to effective communication
• Communication breakdowns
• How to deal with receiver reactions
• Aggressive, Passive and Assertive
• How to be Assertive to get your message across
Active Listening – The Critical Half of Communication
• Active Listening Self Assessment
• Intentional Listening and Responding
• Using Empathy
• Understanding, then being Understood
• Using Probing Questions
• Clarifying, Reflecting, Paraphrasing, Responding
Communicating in Email
• The W.I.I.F.M Factor
Applying Communication Skills when Giving Feedback
• Guidelines for giving and receiving feedback
• Feedback models
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• Impact and influence all conversations you have through awareness and intention
• Understand your strengths in communication and maximize them to your benefit
• Be prepared to communicate with anyone in any situation
• Deliver effective feedback even in stressful situations
• Communicate professionally with all your communication tools – guarantee your effectiveness
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who would like to use effective communication techniques and proven methods to relate better to people, including managers, supervisors, team leaders, executive assistants and client service staff.
Your Instructor for this training workshop is: Samantha B.
Course Location: Minto Business Centre, 440 Laurier Avenue West
Does this Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
Click here to see which Core Competencies this course addresses.